Monday 5 March 2018

Post production- ancillary editing for the magazine front cover

After using Photoshop last year to create our ident, I felt more confident to use it this year. I used YouTube to understand how to do certain tasks. I spent more time this year in searching and trying out different things to ensure I challenge myself. 
To create my magazine front cover I used Photoshop. I have altered my main image a number of times after receiving feedback on which image of the couple worked best. I feel the image I have chosen works well as you can see the faces of the actors. I slightly alter the saturation of the image, to add warmth to represent the emotions of the characters. This is all done on the same layer. This tool was also used for some of the text (stroke tool) to enhance the text and make it clearer to the audience. 




I then began to add the text which around the image. The title of the magazine is called 'True colours', I came up with the idea after hearing the song by Phil Collins, it has lovely lyrics and would aim well at my target audience. The colour scheme is unusual, the colours all work well however. The red stands out and draws the reader in, it also contrasts with the background. This screenshot shows the font that I used for the text as well as the colour. The other font is in an off-white and a black. The mast head needs to be one of the main focus on the page, so by having two different colours in the title makes it stand out as well as the size. But it also enables the text to be read clearly. By increasing the size of '55' it draws the reader in and makes it stand out. The buzz words draw in the audience, so by having the bigger in comparison with the other texts, makes it stand out even more. The font size is altered also, depending on the position of it on the page. 



After creating the text, I simply organised the position of it on the page. I added the red and black box on the top and bottom of the page to make the text clearer to the audience as well as fit the typical conventions of a magazine front cover. I then added the barcode. I had to be careful that I left a bleed around the edges. I did stretch some of the text out to fit the typical conventions and to fill up the page a little more. I feel that this image did make it difficult for me to achieve what I had envisioned. I had to carefully work with the space but be mindful of where I positioned the text. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Final film trailer